Have we made a bucket list of what movies make us happy and change our living pattern?As regular movie goers we adore to view different movies. Some tickle our bones, some plush the sad wave in us and some chill our spines too! What makes movies so engrossing to the audience? It’s their connectivity towards life! We see ourselves in different character patterns and that’s what makes us remember great movies. So here is a mixture of different cinema including the greatest movies from Hollywood and Bollywood to keep the spirit alive in us. The ten best movies we must watch in order to experience the ‘magic moments’.
1) The Truman Show – An insurance salesman/adjuster played by utter comic Jim Carrey who discovers his entire life as a TV show. Power packed hilarious performance by the Truman, finds beautiful connectivity towards the audience in this movie. The Director Peter Weir has taken out real life incidents in form of Jim’s character to jubilate the touch of human interface.
2) Sholay – One of the longest running ‘entertainers’ of Indian cinema .The characterisation fits the grip of the screenplay. Bollywood was ruled by awesome characters such as Gabbar, Thakur, Basanti, Jai and Veeru who still fulfill the jolly vibe of those times. Dialogue writing of Indian cinema was diametrically redefined by duo ‘Salim-Javed’. Director ‘Ramesh Sippy’ blends a perfect mix of acting performances and exquisite shot taking. We never forget to share sms or jokes on this movie that tickle our bones.
3) Andaaz Apna Apna – This flick makes way hound happiness go places. The utter amazing comedy flick ever made by Rajkumar Santoshi embarks its exuberant journey via different characters. Two young lads portrayed by Amir Khan and Salman Khan trying everything to get rich quickly and the amalgamation of love and slapstick represent a hilarious comedy in front of the audience. The characters like ‘Crime Master Gogo’ and ‘Teja’ essayed by Shakti Kapoor and PareshRawalrespectively, are still remembered.
4) Dil Chahta Hai – This movie presents an unparalleled ‘live life’ commensalism. What youth expects from love, life and family has been stringed with brilliance by Director Farhan Akhtar. Cinematography and Screenplay represent modern understanding and elasticity in the changing mind-sets. The joy of youth and love life are subtly embedded in the screenplay. A must watch if you are ‘single’ and ready to ‘mingle’ but is there any ‘tingle’ ?
5) Lage Raho Munnabhai–Munnabhai’s sequel emerged as a huge hit amongst every class of audience. From ‘dadagiri’ turning into ‘gandhigiri’ was a transformer of thoughts for everyone. This movie made us learn so much about ethnicity of respect towards people and employment statures. Beautifully written verses like ‘get well soon’ in context of ‘raghupati raghav rajaram’ revised our ‘father’s’ verses thoroughly in a humorous manner. Great script by Director ‘Rajkumar Hirani’ gripped audience to mixed emotional ride. This movie turned out to be a trend setter in modern cult cinema.
6) 3 Idiots – The mentioned film grossed upon career limitations of modern day youth. ‘Do what you like to’ was a single statement conveyed through this film. No boundations on choosing careers and pressure build up should be there by peers or by parents. Rajkumar Hirani and Abhijat Joshi found a breakthrough to audience’s heart and made retrogressive impact through their writing skills. Amir Khan, Madhavan and Sharman Joshi scrambled their intact skills to liberate ‘all iss well’ through their smart acting ventures. Cinematography though deserves to be at the peak.
7) Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara – Title aptly conveys ‘you will not get a second lifetime’. ZNMD makes perfusion of life into our body. Three friends planning bachelor’s trip to Spain in order to avoid workaholism . Power packed writing by Zoya Akhtar and Reema Kagti plus the ground out performances by ‘Hrithik Roshan’, ‘Abhay Deol’ & ‘Farhan Akhtar’ make this golden movie glitter in every aspect. Be liberal with no compromises and balanced life charter completes its circle through this movie. A scenically adorable movie compiled with commercial success is portrayed by ZNMD.
8) Lagaan–This Bollywood movie makes us go haywire with emotions; sometimes good and sometimes not so good. The setback of this movie takes us to British colonial rule when farmers fight for the ‘taxation’ imposed on them through a cricket match eventually beating the British. Director AshutoshGowarikar has managed to symbolise different cricketing characters to their amusing best. Amir Khan playing the lead character as ‘Bhuvan’ secured National Award for his top soaring performance. This Indie-British mixture needs a longtime appreciation.
9) Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar–This film has been the most amazing High School Bollywood film ever. The competition between two schools and their virtues are threaded so beautifully that each of us never fails to appreciate it. Director Mansoor Khan’s unique concept of ‘high school love’ worked so well with the music that created a lot of hype. ‘Pehla Nasha Pehla Khumaar’ truly deserves its top spot in best Bollywood love songs ever made. Rich and rag rivalry through the school model has been grit fully packaged in the film.
10) Man On The Moon–One of best comedy flicks of Hollywood, which finds itself on the top to be maniacally funny. This film is about the life and career of the eccentric avant-garde comedian, Andy Kaufman. Jim Carrey never misses a chance to make audience ripple with laughter. Director ‘Milos Forman’ has kept the plot so simple and connecting that audience lives with another man on the screen that accompanies them with his funny acts.